Monday, November 10, 2008

he's here!

And to answer the much asked question, his name is . . .


Enoch Benjamin Lounsbury
Born November 3, 2008 at 3:12 p.m.
9 lbs 14 oz *** 21 in



My beautiful baby






This is what I like to see about 11:30 p.m.



There's nothing in the world like a sleeping baby

This baby's arrival has been much anticipated by the whole family. On the morning I was being induced, Isaac said the morning prayer with Grandma, who was with the younger kids. She later told me he said, "Please bless our new baby, that he won't be scared when he's born." When she asked him why he thought the baby might be scared he said, "Well, when he comes out there will be all these strange people and sometimes it's scary to meet new people."

No one could be happier that he is here than me! Being pregnant . . . not my favorite thing. But I feel very blessed to have another healthy baby. Right now we're still in hibernation mode--feeding, sleeping, changing diapers, staring in awe at my beautiful baby and repeat. Despite the sleep deprivation, hormonal changes, etc. I try to remind myself to enjoy the moment. It only happens once.

12 comments:

Max :) said...

So cute! Wish I could have been there to see him! Can't wait to see him in december!!

Emily said...

I love the name and he is as cute as a button to boot! Congrats on another successful delivery and adding to your brewd. I hope he is kind to you and lets you get some sleep. I don't know how you do it or are currently doing it. 7 kids is amazing, YOU ARE AMAZING!!!

Swen said...

Kathryn! He's beautiful! I can't believe all of that hair, and 9'14"-wow! (ouch!) I love the name. We're thinking about using Benjamin ourselves when the time is right. Congrats! Say hi to the fam for us. We love you all!

Swen said...

This is actually Becca, not Swen. I didn't realize he was the one who was signed in. I'm sure he'd say the same thing, though.

Sarah said...

Beautiful baby Enoch!! Oh, I can't wait to see him and hold him. I'm so glad all went well with the delivery and that you have another healthy boy to love. Thanks for updating the blog with pictures, we've been dying to see what he looks like.

john papworth said...

Yay! Pictures of baby Enoch!! So excited to meet him and see you all...counting the days. Love you guys

Megan said...

Enoch is adorable! We are anxious to hold and love him tool. So happy that everything went well ... you are so amazing!

A. Schoonie said...

Congratulations!! He looks very sweet. We are glad that everything went well and that you are doing well. Enjoy your new little one.
Trent and Ashlie
(we found your blog through John and Sarah's)

MOMD! said...

What a beautiful little baby! ... and you didn't have to have a c-section! You go girl!! Kathryn, he really is just beautiful. I have a poem about my last baby - a boy - knowing he was my last I truly treasured every single moment. I posted it on my blog a few blogs back. When you get a minute you might want to read it - I'll bet it is just the way you will feel with so many others to do for during your busy day - and having to share baby Enoch with so many during the day ... well, the poem says it all. Give him a love for me! He is beautiful!

jakenapril said...

congratulations on #7, kathryn! amazing! and he is a beautiful baby...i guess it runs in the family, huh? thanks for the update...and tell your fam hi from all of us.

Kelly said...

Congrats!! He is a cutie and I love the name. Your family is just amazing. I hope that all is going well. Love and miss you guys. You can check out our blog at thegriffiths.wordpress.com. -Kelly

Joanie said...

So fun to see and hold him last night. He's darling, and you are lookin' good, too!