Tuesday, September 16, 2008

our last summer fling


This was our family's last summer fling to Yachats, Oregon on the coast. Unfortunately, Zack & Emma were unable to join us as they were both at soccer retreats that weekend.



I wasn't feeling too well so I mostly rested & read and Dan took over kid duty, including several trips down to the beach where the boys searched for rocks & shells, got buried in the sand, and had to be rescued from a couple bigger-than-anticipated waves!



We hit the Newport Aquarium where the boys were especially fascinated by the SHARKS. cool.



Madeline's friend, Paige, came with us too so that poor Madeline wasn't completely outnumbered. (as she will be in a couple of years!!) Here they are modeling their cool new shades.


Noah liked them too.


Caleb & Isaac messing around while we wait for some yummy Mo's clam chowder. That coconut shrimp isn't too bad either!


The girls couldn't leave Newport without getting this picture at the yellow submarine.

4 comments:

Cheryl Pitt said...

I just stumbled across your blog. God bless your big family! Looks like so much fun, I'd love to have a big family!

papananadarlings.blogspot.com said...

Noah makes me LAUGH!!! He is such a little Papworth! Gotta love that kid!!! Can hardly wait to see your mom next week ... and also anxious to hear of your new wee one's safe arrival. Keep us posted. We just found out that Stephenson and Katie are having (what else) a BOY! They are thrilled and so are we ... due 03-16-09 ... which will make an even dozen boys for us! Our 4 little girls are way out numbered! ... but those boys are pretty darn wonderful too! Especially if they are like Noah!! What a doll! xoxox

Momma Ann said...

These last two sets of pics are just great. And now that I am home, I'm lovin' seeing the kids in action. I'm proud of you Kath for keeping up the blog--I know I will have yet another thing to learn now that I am home--YIKES

Joanie said...

We love the Oregon coast beach trip. Have you ever had Mousse in a Bag at the Whale's Tail in Newport? It is to DIE for!