Monday, December 15, 2008

enoch's blessing day

enoch was blessed by his dad on december 7. dan gave him a beautiful blessing and enoch has truly been a great blessing to us all, especially me. there is nothing in the world like a newborn baby. i love the softness of his skin, the dead weight of him on my shoulder when he falls asleep there, the smell of him, even his cry is sweet. i am so blessed to be a mother. when i think back to what i wanted as a little girl . . . all those hours spent playing "house," . . . i am truly living my dream. and i thank God for that great blessing.

1 comment:

A. Schoonie said...

I found your blog through your other family members...I second all your thoughts about newborns and children. It is truly a special blessing to be a mom. I cannot believe how grown up Zack and Emma are. It is amazing how time goes by. You have a beautiful family. I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas!
Ashlie